Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm the next Alyssa Barlow.


I'm excited! Can you tell?

"Why are you so excited?" you may ask. Because I am finally going to learn how to play the bass. I've wanted to for ages. I haven't talked about it much, because I just figured I'd learn when I finally had the money to buy one and then bought one. But my brother, my mother and I were talking to a guy at church last week (he happens to be the one who plays the bass most Sundays) and it came up in the conversation that I wanted to learn to play the bass. He said, "Really?" and looked kind of thoughtful and no more was said right then. But he talked to my mother later that afternoon and told her that if I was serious, he had a bass that he would let me borrow so I could learn how to play. Wow.

So today, he brought it to church. Then I brought it home with me. And now it's sitting here in my room. I would have started messing with it as soon as I got home, but I had a lot of reading to do and I wanted to make sure I got it done. So it hasn't been touched since it was put in the case after church. But I'm eager to jump in!

How cool is that. That someone just up and let me borrow their bass guitar. I was pretty blown away when I heard his offer, and I'm even more blown away now that I have it. I thanked him about a million times. Yes, a million times.

Now I just have to figure out how to play it. More than that, I have to find time to figure out how to play it. That'll be the true test of how serious I actually am about this bass playing business, how much time I manage to make and how strong of a commitment I make to learning how to play. I pray my motivation stays strong.

3 comments:

  1. activebass.com

    That site helped me a ton when I was first starting to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. studybass.com is a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gina! I haven't started searching the Internet yet, but I was wondering what I would be able to find.

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.