Sunday, March 8, 2009

...and the Harrowing Harmons for the win!

My spring break has been going quite nicely so far. Today was a good day.

I got up at 7:00 this morning like I usually do. Only, with the time change, it was like I was getting up at 6:00. So I was a little more groggy than usual. But the grogginess left me quickly. I read my Bible, milled around a little bit, and got dressed and then headed downstairs at about 7:30 to start cooking.

My brother decided that he wanted to invite some friends over for a sort of late birthday celebration for himself, so this morning I needed to get a head start on lunch for everybody, and while I was at it, I made breakfast. I made two kinds of muffins for breakfast. They were tasty. Chicken quesadillas were on the menu for lunch, so I had to boil the chicken and then set it on to simmer in the taco seasoning before we left for church. I took my computer in there with me and was bopping around to my music from the time I went down there 'til about 10:00. I listened to downhere's Wide-Eyed and Simplified the whole time. I have listened to that album approximately 10-12 times over the past two days. And I've been listening to it in reverse order. (Don't ask.)

Then it was time for church. There was a leaky faucet at church. I started crying in the middle of the service, and it just wouldn't quit coming. Ever so slowly, ever so steadily, one tear at a time would fall down my face.I really needed to hear what was said this morning. And I needed to be in that environment.

When we got home, two of our friends were already sitting in our driveway! So we all walked in together, and I headed straight to the kitchen to finish lunch. My parents got home shortly after that, and my mom helped me finish everything. Four more friends showed up in the meantime. We ate. And then we watched August Rush. I love that movie. And everyone else seemed to enjoy it. I was pleased.

After the movie, four friends went home. My brother and I, and the remaining two friends played Cranium. 'Twas fun. Then we played Spades. It was the Harrowing Harmons (my brother and me) against the Thrasher Dashers (our friends). We only played two rounds, but the Harrowing Harmons came out on top! Good job, team.

Then the last two friends left. And I've been pretty much chilling since then. It's nice to chill.

I hope that the rest of my spring break is comprised of days such as this. I have been so weary and burdened, that today was good for my soul. God, the body of Christ/friends, family, fun, relaxation, music...these things work wonders. And I'm afraid that I lose sight of them too often. Especially God, which is the most important and most essential of them all.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and yours much love, peace, and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.