Sunday, February 8, 2009

Please, may I have your attention.

Apparently I needed more proof that I need to slow down, because I got some today. Nothing big, but just something else to add to the list.

I went to Wal-Mart a little while ago, and when I got home I realized that I made some purchasing errors. Being the cheapskate that I am, that's never a pleasant realization.

1.) I found a shirt there that I liked that had a sticker on it that said $3.00. I thought, "Hey, $3, I can do that. I don't find clothes that cheap very often." But when I was checking out, I didn't make sure it came up as $3. I just bought it without paying attention. When I looked at my receipt after I got home, it was listed as $5. Oh. If the tag had said $5, I wouldn't have even considered buying it. Why didn't I pay attention when I was checking out? Yes, it's only a $2 difference, and that's alright, but the point is that I should have been paying attention.

2.) I also purchased some new underwear. If this idea makes you uncomfortable, you won't want to read beyond this point. For the rest of you, I thought that I picked up the same kind of underwear that I usually buy, but I get home and take a closer look, and sure enough, they were different. They may work just fine and it won't be a problem at all, but still I should have been paying attention.

Also, after my concert this afternoon, I got the clothes out of the car that I had brought to change into out of my hot, black choir dress, and I headed to the bathroom to put them on. I'm standing in the stall, stripped down to my undergarments before I realize that I left my shirt in the car. Crud. So I start putting my dress back on and just then my mom walks into the bathroom. She had noticed my shirt sitting the back seat and she brought it to me. Thank God for mothers.

I was obviously scatter-brained today. Maybe this week will be better. Or maybe it won't and I'll accumulate more reasons to laugh at myself. Either way, I'll count that as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.