Friday, February 20, 2009

Heartsick

This has been a rough week. Why? I don't really know.

All I know is, I haven't felt this tired in a while. I've been sleepy since I woke up Monday morning. I am known for not sleeping, so you might think that it's catching up with me, but I have slept more this week than I have in a long time. And maybe that's my issue. I'm just not accustomed to sleeping this much. But one wouldn't think that getting extra sleep at night would make you start nodding off in class much more than usual....

This week has also been light on the homework front. Which means less stress. And with less stress, the logical result is that one will feel better. Logic seems to have failed me this time.

My mother looked at me last night while I was feeling cold and miserable and said, "You look weary." Yes, Mama, that's because I am. Those were the words that ran through my head, but I didn't actually say that to her. Speaking seemed to be a bit too difficult at the moment. All I managed to muster to was a slight nod in agreement.

Whatever the source of my weariness, I plan on resting and rejuvenating this weekend. I don't know exactly what that's going to look like. We'll see. I already feel somewhat rejuvenated. My littlest brother, Austyn, and I were at home alone for several hours this afternoon/early evening and we spent some quality brother/sister time together, during which two of the things we did were wash some dishes and bake a cake. We made a good team, both on the dish washing front and the cake baking front. It helps that baking is one of my favorite things to do. (Dish washing certainly is not. It makes me feel quite sick.) But I think that having some fun with Austyn was what made the most difference. I am amazed at how much better I feel now than I did this afternoon.

So perhaps the weariness stems at least in part from me feeling slightly heartsick from not doing what I love and having enough fun. So maybe I should forget about my homework and sing, dance and play the rest of the weekend!

It sounds good in theory, at least. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do get some time to sing, play and dance!! It is really theraputic!

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.