Friday, February 6, 2009

Conductor, slow down the train!

I'm running out of steam. I feel like I've been running a mile a minute, quite ungracefully, much like a chicken with its head cut off. And even then, I can't seem to catch up. I still have so much to do at the end of every day. And I have a continual sleep-debt. There are days when I'm walking around and my eyes are open, but I almost feel like I'm sleeping while going about my business.

Besides being so tired, I'm so wrapped up in my junk that I feel like I can't look up; there's no time to look up if I'm to do what I need to do. I don't like that, because I start pushing out good things, even necessary things. I've still been making time to read the Bible every day, and I'm happy about that, but I still feel like I'm not giving God enough time. I just kinda throw a few thoughts in his direction throughout the day, and before I drift off to sleep I'll say something like, "Hey. I thank you that I'm still alive. I'm tired. I need to go to sleep. Good night."

That's not how it should be. But I don't know what to do. Or at least, I can't see what I need to do. I find that often, God has already given me the answers to my questions, but I'm so caught up in the question that I can't see anything else.

I need to back out of the question.

But I can't back out of the question, because then I won't get done what needs to be done.

But I'm already not getting done what needs to be done.

I need to back out of the question....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.