Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm so square.

I was going to write this last night, but I fell asleep before I had the chance. Goes to show how tired I was, because I don't normally just fall asleep.

I got in my cry for the week. And it came nice and early in the week, so chances are that more will come later and I'll exceed my weekly average.

On my Facebook, you can find me saying, "I'm one of a kind. Whether that's a good thing or not, I have still yet to determine," and "I march to my own beat and I like it that way." Well, yesterday I had one of those times in which I wasn't liking it so much which leads to me not being able to determine if my uniqueness is really such a good thing after all.

Now that I've had some time to sleep on it, I'm not feeling quite so down, but yesterday I was struggling a little. That happens from time to time and I just have to work through my lament and sooner or later I come out on the other side.

But yesterday was a trying day. I won't go into all the inky details, but I felt like everything that negatively impacted me, came as a result of me or the things that I do being different. I do not fit any conventional standards and it makes things difficult sometimes. I picture myself as a square trying to fit into a circular hole and it just doesn't work.

Like I said, I'm feeling pretty normal again. I'm still a square who can't fit into a circle, but that's alright. I don't have to fit in a circle. And I'm glad I don't fit in circles, because, as they say, variety is the spice of life. I don't want to be like anyone else.

And in reality, even the ones who appear most circular have little corners that stick out here and there. So why in the world are we trying to fit in circles that weren't made for us? Even preschoolers know that doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.