Friday, December 4, 2009

What a friend I've found.

My mood today has been a reflective one. Among other things, but that's been one of the overwhelming ones.

I've been thinking a lot about relationships today. Mainly about my own, but also about relationships in general, as well as some specific ones that have nothing to with me. Friendships have been the focus of my relationship musings. As well as some that I don't know that I would classify as friendships, but it's more than the relationship you might have with the person who sits next to you in class three times a week that you know...kinda...but you never talk to. It hasn't quite reached friendship status, but it's a relationship that has a deep love at the center. I don't know what to call it...or how to describe it adequately.

My reflections today led to another incredibly sappy moment. I really can't think of a day in the recent past that has not contained at least one sappy moment, so I wouldn't know what to think of myself if I didn't feel sappy at least once a day, but this one was higher on the scale than usual. I was sitting in my car this morning before class. I had gotten there a little early, and decided to let the CD I was listening to finish out. I was listening to downhere's How Many Kings: Song For Christmas. I got to hear them perform several songs from that album last night, and so listening to that music made the memories even more fresh. It was a great night last night. It was on the next to the last song when I parked the car. And that song is such a great representation of them as a band. Their attitudes, and senses of humor. And so it was making me smile. And then the last song came on, and I started crying before the first 2 seconds could pass. It's really pretty, and I think it showcases their talent. But that's not really why I was crying so much.

That song is about Jesus. And out of all the friendships I have, his is the greatest one. And he is the reason I have all of the other great friendships that I do. The love I was feeling in that moment was so overwhelming. And so I was sitting in a car, in the middle of a huge parking lot at MTSU, at 8:30 in the morning, crying. Most people don't cry that early in the day, because the day hasn't gone on long enough for it to be awful. But that's the thing with me. More often, the reason I cry is because I'm happy. Rather than because I feel awful.

Today has been a very happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.