Saturday, May 16, 2009

What goes up must come down....and go back up again.

It's uncanny how extreme highs and lows often seem to come in pairs. It seems like the days that start out really great get really bad at some point and vice versa.

Today was one of those roller coaster days.

When I woke up this morning, my breathing was better. And I was happy. I still couldn't breathe completely normally, but it wasn't as awkward as it had been the night before. So I decided to just take it easy and watch myself. And while I was doing that, my favorite band that I feel like I talk about way too much, downhere, broadcast their show that they played in Denmark today. It was one of the greatest shows I've seen, if not the greatest. And that includes the times I've seen them in person, not just all the shows I've seen streaming on the Internet. I love the fact that they do that.

That was the exciting part of my day. I was dancing and waving at people and laughing and crying and talking to my computer, because I turn into a complete dork when downhere is in the mix. Or, a bigger dork, I should say. Seriously, since it doesn't happen very often, if you want to see me lose my mind and start squealing, you should come see them with me. Even if you didn't want to watch the band (which I doubt you would feel once they walked out on the stage) I would provide plenty of entertainment.

Anyway, the low came after that. It started raining, which seemed to be what initially triggered my difficulty breathing yesterday. And I went into the living room where the windows were open, which was a bad move on my part. But I guess it really wasn't all that bad, because it pushed me over the edge enough that I really had no choice but to go to the emergency room, and if it hadn't have gotten worse, I wouldn't have gotten checked out at all. So, feeling much worse then I had the night before, my family loaded up in the car and we headed to the emergency room. It's kinda overkill for four people to come to the hospital with me, but that's the thing with my family. We do things together even when we don't have to, or need to really. Now's the part where I'm supposed to say that it's embarrassing sometimes, but I can't say that. Because it's not. Because I love my family. And on top of that, I'm nearly impossible to embarrass. So it was cool that they came and sat at the hospital while I was in the back and a million people were filing through to see me and asking questions and pulling out their stethoscopes and telling me to take this and do that and x-raying my lungs and all that fun stuff. Except for my mother. She was with me for all but the x-rays, and my dad came back there a couple times. I'm happy they care enough to sit in a hospital for me, because hospitals are not the greatest places to hang out and I don't imagine they had a lot of fun.

Now that I can breathe, I'm happier again. And the fact that I can sing is icing on the top. Especially since I'm supposed to be singing in the morning and would feel like I would be leaving my friend Andrew in a lurch if I couldn't.

And now I need to get to sleep to recover from my lack of sleep last night and my excitement filled today. 6 AM comes really early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.