Saturday, November 20, 2010

My 2010 travel schedule.

It's the weekend and I'm home. And I'm not going anywhere else before the weekend is over. Wow.

I started wondering to myself just how many days this year I've been away from home. This is what I came up with.

January - This month is kinda fuzzy , but I know I came home from Arkansas sometime after New Years', so that's 2 or 3 days away from home.

February - 2 days spent away for a trip to Marion, IL to see friends and a downhere concert.

March - 3 days in Arkansas spent at my grandma's and a staff meeting for this summer's camp.

April - I'm relatively sure I didn't spend any full nights away from home, but I did go out of the state twice. Two "day trips" were taken to Birmingham, AL and Stanford, KY for a couple of downhere concerts.

May - 7 days were spent in Arkansas for cousins' graduations, birthday fun, and hang time with family. Then 3 more days were spent in Arkansas later in the month for the first annual Camp Formosa picnic and more hang time with family.

June - This month means camp. Which means I see little of home. I was gone for a total of 21 days.

July - After camp was over, which was the 26th of June, my brothers and I hung around spending time with friends and family and it bled over into July. 3 or 4 days of this month were spent in Arkansas visiting some of my favorite people in the world.

August - 3 days were spent in Arkansas again for Post-Grad Retreat at Camp Formosa and more time at my grandma's. And I also made another day trip out to East Tennessee to hang with friends and attempt to track down Jason Gray.

September - 3 more days back in Arkansas again for Fall Retreat at my beloved Camp Formosa and another day trip. This time, it was up to Indiana to see JG.

October - I made two day trips this month, one up to Corbin, KY to see JG and the Make A Difference Tour and one down to Sylacauga, AL to see downhere for the first time in six months. (That was kind of a big deal for me. Since the first time I saw them in concert, I had never gone that long without seeing them. I made up for it, as you soon shall see.) 4 days were spent in Illinois, hanging out at a friend's house and going to see dh again. Then, 2 days were spent later in the month in South Carolina hanging with more friends and seeing dh. Again. (See, I told you. But that's not the end.)

November - This month, 4 days have been spent away from home, this time on a trip to Illinois and Wisconsin to see more friends and, you guessed it, another dh show.

If my calculations are correct, all of this totals to:

About 59 days away from home

And 6 day trips, where I began the day in my bed, drove at least a couple hundred of miles away, and came back to sleep in my own bed.

That's about one-sixth of the year spent somewhere other than my house, the town I live in, or one of the closely surrounding ones.

And the year isn't over yet. I think I'm going to stay put the rest of this month, but December will probably tack on at least a couple more weeks away.

That seems like a fair bit of time considering my job description requires no traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.