Saturday, November 6, 2010

A few words. That's all I have time for.

If you've regularly read my posts, or if you keep up with my social network presence (or if you've actually talked to me in person, which is something I actually still do surprisingly often), and you haven't noticed that my life is busy, then I must not be doing a very good job of representing myself well. Because my life is busy.

And I like it. It's rich and full. There's no room for boredom, which, if I'm to be honest, I probably make boredom out to be more of an enemy that it actually is, but that's for another post. I consistently accumulate a veritable cornucopia of experiences, and I feel like I'm better off for it.

But there's one thing I don't like. Lately, I've reached a level of busyness that doesn't allow me to fully appreciate everything that's happening. I have no choice but to live in the moment. I'm not condemning living in the moment with that statement, but I think there's also a place for anticipation and post-reflection, and they can each enrich your experiences and help you to understand them better. But I have little to no time for either of them. I move from one thing to the next, barely able to look ahead and prepare for what's coming at me, and barely able to look behind and make sense of what just happened.

I barely even have time to think about this disconcerting reality, write these few words, and post them for reading.

I like having many wonderful things to do. But I miss settling into my bed every night, writing about my day in my journal for an hour, and letting my mind wander for a couple more, not only trying to fully know and comprehend the events that have passed, but also readying myself for what's to come.

Balance. You are elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.