Monday, August 10, 2009

The good and bad, best and worst.

I am home again, for the umpteenth time this summer. And I think I'm going to stay close for at least another month. It's about time.

I have enjoyed all of my ventures, though, including the latest one. Here are some highlights of the past 10 days.


My friend Becca Lee became Becca Crow on Saturday, August 1st. It was a wonderful ceremony. My brother and I were late, so we missed a bit of it, but we saw the important part. And we got to see many friends at the reception afterward, some we had not seen in quite some time. And we threw flower petals at them as they left. It was lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My brother and I went and saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince twice, once with our dear cousin and once with my best friend and her boyfriend. The boyfriend hadn't seen a Harry Potter movie since the first, and he's never read the books, but I hope he enjoyed himself all the same. It was good to meet the guy that seems to be bringing much happiness to my best friend. As far as my thoughts on the movie, to quote my brother, "it was the best and worst Harry Potter movie." That about sums it up. I could go into more detail, but I will refrain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday night, the directors of Junior Camp at Camp Formosa put together a staff appreciation dinner for all of the people who worked this year, which also served as a very early planning meeting for next summer. They've decided on a wild west theme, complete with lots of horses. Despite my great lack of like for and interest in horses, I found myself getting excited as we were talking about it. And I'm still excited. Next year promises to be even better than this year, and this year was pretty great. It's great to see things begin falling into place this early. That never happens. I hope it's a new trend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Camp Formosa, we had the very first Post-Grad retreat for 18 to 20-somethings. There were a very few of us there, but I think it was a success. We painted a whole building! It wasn't a big building, but still, it was the whole building. The whole outside got a fresh new coat of white paint, and we also added some much needed color in places. My best friend painted a mural on one wall that is amazing. And we have plans for another wall that we hope to get to in the future. We would have done it this time, but we could only do so much in one day. And what we did manage to accomplish was impressive, to my thinking, so there is no reason to feel bad. Unless you mean physically bad, as in exhausted and worn out. Because I was. Completely. And then I drove home the next day. It's no wonder I felt like crashing as soon as I got back. But it was completely worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now it's time for me settle back into life at home. Which is often just as busy as life away from home. Life, no matter when, no matter where, is busy. With just a few breaks here and there. And that's how it should be, I think. At least for now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment!
    i just edited this blog like 5 times because i saw so many typo's scattered throughout it. so it's probably revised since you read it! thanks for reading through that long, tedious thing... i kind of just posted it for myself... as i'm getting ready to go back to school, hoping it's some kind of inspiration for whatever movie i am going to make this semester.
    you should totally take a film class if you can! [depending on what they offer at your school and if it counts as a credit for you!] being able to take these classes has been AMAZING for me and made want to work in the film industry! so interesting.
    in case you haven't noticed anyway, i'm a huge movie freak.... i just can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.