Sunday, August 16, 2009

I like to ride my bicycle!

I don't think I blogged about this when it happened, but I did announce it at various places on the Internet, so chances are you may remember me talking about it. Back in....May, I think, my friend Christine gave me a bike. It needed some work, but overall was in good shape. So my dad said he would figure out what needed to be fixed, and we should have it in good working order rather shortly.

Fast forward to today, and it's finally fixed! I and my whole family have been busy and all over the place all summer, so fixing the bike was mostly overlooked. Until now, that is. And it's just in time, too, because I wanted the bike to be able to ride to school. But before I do that, I need to get in the habit of riding, because it's not exactly a hop and a skip from my house to my school. I think it's close enough that the trip is definitely doable, but I'd rather work up to it. I briefly rode around on the driveway today, and I felt really shaky. I haven't ridden in years! I also need to time how long it takes, so that I won't be late to class.

So beginning tomorrow, I need to start riding. If anyone out there feels inclined to do so, feel free to ask me how the bike riding is going. It'll be extra motivation and a good way to keep me accountable. I really feel like this'll be a good thing in so many ways.

Hopefully I won't find that this is too great an undertaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.