Friday, July 10, 2009

Watch out, Nashville!

Tomorrow, er...today..., I am driving up to Nashville for downhomiepalooza! What's downhomiepalooza, you ask? It is a gathering of fans of my favorite band, downhere. We are affectionately called downhomies, and the name downhomiepalooza was conceived as a name for this event. I think it brilliantly describes the insanity that is most likely to ensue, and actually already has, by the looks of some pictures I've seen on Facebook and updates from there and Twitter, from the out-of-towners who came from all over the place and are all staying together in the same hotel in Nashville. Madness!

I have been looking forward to this for months. And I am seriously glad that it's in Nashville and that I live so close, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be going otherwise.

You can be sure that I will have lots to say once it is all over. But right now, I really need to try to get some sleep. I am in for a long, tiring day, and I need to be up in less than six hours. I'm counting on the excitement and expected fits of laughter to keep me running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.