Thursday, November 20, 2008

From pristine to obscene

I have changed much over the years. Especially during the past few years. What prompted this observation is the current state of my bedroom. It's a train wreck. Well...maybe not quite a train wreck, but considering how organized I have been known to keep my things in the past, it seems like a train wreck.

Anytime my room ever got this messy in the past, it would have driven me crazy, and I would have made it a high priority to change it. But now, I'm not worried about it. Sure, I'd like for it to be cleaner and more organized. But that's not feasible right now. 1) With my injured foot and ankle, I can't do a whole lot in the way of cleaning. 2) I've been busy with things that I need to do. 3) When I do have free time that could be used to clean, there are always other things that I want to do and I have put a higher priority on them.

I think this is evidence of how uptight I used to be, and how that quality in me has diminished. This is something for which I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.