Friday, February 3, 2012

Grocery shopping joy.

(Pre-script. Only someone like me would blog about the wisdom of the mind in the stories of Solomon and Harry Potter one week, then grocery shopping the next. Life is a many splendored thing.)

In a post last month, I shared with all you faithful readers what had been keeping my brain preoccupied since Christmas. I also told you that if my preoccupation ever amounted to anything, I would come back with an update.

Thus, here I am.

I went grocery shopping yesterday with a mission to find a bargain. I scoped out sales and matched coupons to those items to reduce the price even further. (I sound like such a mom.)

After visiting two stores, here are my stats.

Total spent = $38.47
Total saved (according to receipts) = $38.47

50%! I saved exactly 50%. And I didn't buy anything that the eating of which would make me regret my life.

I think that's pretty nifty. And not bad for somebody who's never attempted anything like this before.

Off I go now to prepare for my next challenge: drugstore shopping. My mission is to find my mother some supplements we have not been able to afford lately, but that she needs to be a happily healthy person again. I hope the return of that person is soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good things finally coming your way in the financial sense. Woooooopppp!!! I'm really excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K! Kinda funny/relevant story: My mom walked up to me sometime either today or last night, and said "Now when people ask you about your job (because they inevitably do all the time), you can tell them that this is what you do for a living at the moment. This is how you're contributing to the household. :)" I chuckled. But it's true. I've had no aspirations to be a professional money saver, but we as a group, and as individuals, have needed to make lifestyle changes, and I'm in a good position right now to help make that happen.

      Delete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.