Sunday, September 5, 2010

Counting eggs and forgetting blessings.

As I have mentioned in recent writings, I went back to school this past week. It was simultaneously great in blessing and in trouble and frustration.

My classes themselves were amazing. I really think I'm going to like this semester. Each subject is fascinating and I have an exceptional group of professors.

But everything else hasn't turned out so well. The greatest evidence of that is that it's Sunday night, my last class this week ended Thursday afternoon, and I still don't have my homework done. There has been obstacle after obstacle to climb over. I'm thanking God that tomorrow is a holiday.

Aside from the fact that I like to be on top of things anyway, I have extra incentive. This fall, I have made a lot of plans. The realization of those plans depends mostly upon how well I'm keeping up in school. I really don't want to sacrifice any of them. But if I'm to see them come to pass, getting as far ahead as I can is a must. In my mind early this week, I had all of my immediate homework done by Saturday, and all of my freetime until heading back to school on Tuesday would be spent doing extra work. Just having that scenario playing out in my head made me feel so good.

But it didn't happen. And I panicked. Funny how catastrophic everything seemed even though I'm not technically behind. I'm right on schedule. You hear that, self? I'm right on schedule.

Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow begins a new week. Both are a great grace. And none of my plans have to be forfeited yet. I will cross those bridges as I come to them. Let this stand as a reminder to not count my eggs before they hatch.

Another reminder I'm grateful for is the reminder of God's love and care. My pastor said this morning that he had been thinking a lot about me and my family. Then, this evening a friend told me that I had been on her mind. Both were like God saying to me "Hey, I haven't forgotten you."

The Lord is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.