Sunday, March 28, 2010

Renewal.

"On a day like this
I wanna run from the routine
Run away from the daily grind
That can suck the life
Right out of me."
-Bebo Norman

I needed this weekend.

I spend every day so busy that I can barely look up. When I do slow down, I fall asleep. Between those two realities, there isn't much opportunity to think about what I'm doing beyond the moment I'm living in, nor why it is that I'm doing what I do. In this disconnect, things begin to lose meaning. As things lose meaning, they become drudgery. Drudgery will drain the life out of you.

This weekend, I wasn't stuck doing homework the whole time. I interacted with friends. Listened to good music. Sang from deep inside me. And was able to stop and see the beauty and blessing surrounding me.

I now feel like I can face life again with a renewed vigor.

I hope the same for you.

1 comment:

  1. Aww..so happy you got to have a time of renewal this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.