Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's no secret.

For the most part, I don't like secrets. Of any kind.

I would much rather have everything out in the open. That includes surprises. Little things aren't that big of a deal, but if something could be deemed significant, I'd rather know. And you can be pretty sure that if you're getting something from me, unless it's something small that I don't have to keep hidden for a long time, then I'm not going to surprise you.

Why do I not like secrets? Secrets are a burden. Being disallowed to provide full disclosure creates a heavy weight, the feel of which I am not fond. I have been entrusted with the keeping of many secrets in my lifetime, and while I am faithful in keeping them, I don't like how they make me feel. They eat away at me on the inside and can ruin my mood faster than most things.

Secrets are one of those things that I don't think I could even wish on my enemies. If I had any enemies.

There are some secrets that aren't quite so depressing as that, but so many of them are, that I prefer not to develop the habit at all. I make a real effort to not keep any secrets of my own. The only ones I do are those of others, because as heavy as they are, they're not mine to release.

So I am making no secret out of that fact that I don't like secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.