Saturday, November 7, 2009

Musings on a Saturday night.

I can't do anything halfway. Or if I do, I feel uneasy about it. I'd rather go all the way, or not waste my time.

This characteristic manifests itself in different ways. For instance, when I like something, I really like it. You regular readers have probably picked up on that. If I don't really like it, then I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it. Also, whenever I set out to accomplish something, I stick with it until it's done. If I feel like I can't follow through, then I usually don't start. And when it comes to homework, especially writing papers, I practically beat my head against the wall until I feel like I've done the best I can.

This tendency carries both positives and negatives. On the positive side, I'm generally a really hard worker. And since I insist on doing things well, the end result of what I do is usually pretty good. But on the not-so-positive side, if faced with a challenge that I'm not sure I can conquer, I don't usually try. And I'm so incredibly hard on myself. I also fear that I am too often consumed, because I pour so much of myself into whatever it is I am doing or thinking about. And being consumed is only a bad thing, because I might miss or neglect something important.

And right now this characteristic is telling me to delete this post, because I don't really have a point, and everything has to have a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.