Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy packages and Emily's Favorite Things #4

The last time I blogged about Jason Gray, I mentioned his then forthcoming album and the fact that I hoped I would be getting it. Well, I did. I pre-ordered it the day before it released, and bought the deluxe edition package which included the special edition of the album, a t-shirt, and a custom music box that plays a sample of one of the songs from the album.

The eagerly awaited package came about a week ago, and I was more than excited! But there was a small damper put on that excitement when I got the package open, because the music box was not there. Sad day. I mentioned my small woes on Twitter and Jason Gray himself saw it and notified his label. His label then contacted me and started trying to get the problem figured out. And today my missing music box was in the mailbox! I was giddy. And very grateful to Jason and Rebekah for helping to resolve the problem. The Internet never ceases to amaze me. And I live in it.

But wait...there's more. I received another package in the mail today. On Monday...I think....I located a certain DVD on Amazon that I really wanted to get and I decided to buy it. The DVD is a downhere documentary called "While The World Is Asleep," and although it was released in 2004, I have yet to see it. Which is unacceptable. But I am about to remedy that, because it also came in the mail today and despite the fact that I need to either be sleeping right now, cleaning, doing homework, or any number of other things, I am going to watch it!

As you can see, today was an exciting one in my world. Downhere and Jason Gray goodies in the mail all in one day! It was so exciting in fact, that I made a video.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. How was the DVD??? I haven't seen it. But when you held up the cover it's so familiar to me, 'cause I got the poster version for a buck at a show in 2005... hung it on my dorm wall... threw it away at the end of the year...
    ....
    well that's water under the bridge, no sense crying over spilt milk... but anyway, someday I too will see this DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great! More than great. One of the things I love most is hearing them play a lot of the old stuff. Since I didn't see them until EIB, there are so many songs that I haven't heard live. It gave me a taste of what I missed over the years.

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.