Saturday, September 5, 2009

Anything you can do, I can do better.

Summary of a conversation between my youngest brother and I this afternoon:

Brother: You're silly.
Me: No, you're silly.
- No, you're silly.
- No, you are sillier than I am.
- No, you're sillier.
- No, you are far sillier.
- No, you are.
- I have evidence that you are sillier than I am.
- What evidence?
- Lots of evidence. Really good evidence.
- I have evidence that you are sillier.
- My evidence is better.
- No, my evidence is better.
- My evidence is the best.
- Mine is.
- No, my evidence is the best there is. It's far greater than yours.
- No, my evidence is better.
- No, mine is.
- Well, I'm better at video games.
- *makes scoffing noise* I beg to differ.
- I am.
- I've been playing video games much longer than you. Longer than you've been alive.
- I know. But I'm still better. I'm better at Zelda.
- I don't think so.
- Yes, I am.
- No, I'm the champion.....hey, do you wanna play tennis?
- .........sure.

And so we played tennis on our borrowed Wii. And he won one tournament....while I won three. I think it's clear who's better at video games. But one question remains....who's sillier?


P.S. A short while before this conversation took place, he and I had an impromptu dance party while listening to Greg Long's "Jesus Saves." We got down like nobody's business. And then we played with little plush wolves, which eventually led to us throwing them at each other. Kids are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.