Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh, happy day!

Today was an excellent day. :)

Firstly, I was in a good mood. And I have found that when I start a day in a good mood, it tends to continue throughout the day and generally make my day go a lot better, as was the case today.

Secondly, I loved what I wore today. I don't always put much thought into my clothing. I have be in the right mood. But when that right mood comes together with fun clothes, it just makes the good mood grow even more.

Thirdly, it snowed! Or...Es schneit!...for all you Germanically inclined. It wasn't much snow and it disappeared very quickly, but it was still wonderful.

Fourthly, I felt very productive. The messy room I was lamenting last night is a thing of the past. All of my clean clothes are put away and my dirty ones have been gathered together and taken away to be washed. That's the most notable productive thing I did today, and there were also several other things I accomplished that I will fore go mentioning in favor of cutting down on the rambling.

Fifthly, I didn't have a huge homework weight hanging over me. I do have homework that will have to be done at some point, but nothing that's too pressing. It'll be pressing tomorrow, but for today, I had a reprieve. It was nice.

Sixthly, I got a package in the mail today. An exciting package. A Disney-filled package. I won a contest that one of my favorite podcasts did a while back, and they finally sent me my prize this week. I got a button from the podcast, a little plastic Donald Duck, and a Sorcerer Mickey lanyard medal (that still has the Disneyland price tag on it, by the way)!!!

Seventhly, I listened to Thunder After Lightning, by none other than downhere, today. It's an album of demos that they decided to release as a treat for the fans, and I've been wanting it for a really long time. I got it in the mail a week ago, but I was too busy to listen to it until this evening. It was amazing. Those guys never disappoint. If I ever thought that I couldn't be a bigger fan, I've been proven wrong. All those other times that I said I loved downhere, I didn't know what I was saying. Now I love them.

Eighthly, I had a good singing day. If you don't know by now, I sing a lot and a little more and a little more and a little more. But even though I sing all the time, it doesn't mean that I think I sound good all the time. There are moments when I actually think I'm quite rubbishy. Everybody has their off days. But this was not one of those days. I've been hanging out around my room this evening, like I tend to do, singing up a storm, and I found myself liking what I was hearing. That always puts me in a good mood, and since I was already in a good mood, it increased even more.

I like days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.