Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching up.

It's been well over a week since I blogged...and for me that's a long time. So I'm here to give an update on my life. Fascinating as it is.

Today was my last day of finals! The semester is over, and my elation is overflowing! I'm one of those weird people who loves school, but even with that being the case I like it when breaks come along. Especially after the crunch of finals. It's a good thing.

My computer is down for the count. I don't know what happened, but I can't plug it in. So that means I can't use it because the battery will only last for so long. Thankfully, I am done with school for now so I don't really need it so much. Not in that sense of "need" anyway. Aside from school, I am very attached to my computer. I do sleep with it, in the bed, right by my head, every night. Oy.

I'm going back to the doctor in the morning and he's going to check out my foot and ankle. Hopefully he'll give me a good report. I am able to walk fairly normally now, so I assume he will. Not limping so much is enough to make me giddy. But I can't get too giddy or I might end up doing something to damage it more. I do still have to be careful. It's not completely healed yet.

Since school is no longer looming over me and my computer is out of commission I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands. But never fear, I have plenty of things to do. The first thing I did today was clean my room. It needed it. Looking at it, you would never be able to tell that I used to be an uptight, borderline neat freak. Never in my life has my room been that dirty. And I really mean dirty. It wasn't just messy. The carpet was covered in hair and trash and dirt and I don't know what all. It was pretty nasty.

I'm glad I'm not uptight anymore or I think I would have had a meltdown. I just couldn't clean it for the longest time. School kept me busy. And I wasn't functioning at full capacity with my injured ankle, so when I had free time cleaning just wasn't gonna work. Not to mention that fact that I wanted to relax whenever I could. So I just let it go and said I would get to it later.

Later was today, needless to say. I finally had the time, I was in an excellent mood and I could walk. Kind of. So I turned on the music and I'm amazed at what I accomplished. I even caught myself dancing a little bit. Not the smartest thing for me to do just yet, but what can I say.

I'm going to be heading to Arkansas next weekend to spend some time with some people before Christmas. I'm excited about that. There are a bunch of people whom I haven't seen in a long time and I'm hoping to meet up with them. And I will of course be spending time with family. My parents are going to be heading that way on Christmas Eve and my brothers and I would just go with them, but we want more time to spend with people so that's what we're going to do. Like my grandma, for instance. She made me laugh today. She knew this was the last day of my finals, so she called to find out how soon we were coming to see her. Today would have suited her. It was hilarious. I think she wants someone, or someones, to bake with. Not just yet Grandma. But I will be coming to see you soon.

Between now and then, I will be keeping myself busy doing all the things I've wanted to do for the past three months but haven't had the chance to. So it may be more than well over a week before I blog again. May not be until January. But maybe not. It's hard to keep me away from the internet, as evidenced by the fact that I'm finding time to blog and my computer is messed up. I really have a problem.

So before this gets too rambly, that's all for now. I know this was the most enthralling thing you've read in a long time. I'll try to make it less exciting next time around. Wouldn't want anyone to have a heart attack.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, life just does things to us. I have finals next week, I'm not really thrilled about math, but the dance finals should be so fun!

    Hope you have fun in Arkansas. You stunning sarcasm and awesome taste in music shall be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning sarcasm, eh? I like that. Awesome taste in music? I like that even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well. We seem to have at least a little in common in the music area and all too much in common in the sarcasm area.

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.