Friday, July 22, 2011

The effects of intending to write and not doing it.

I included this as an aside in another post, but thought it also deserved a post of its own.


Side note before I begin: I think up things that I want to write about often. I tell myself, "Maybe I'll get to that later." Which often means that I won't get to that later. This is unfortunate. But another reality in this situation is that because I think of so many things I want to write, and because the gaps between each post are so wide, I often forget what it is that I have written and what I haven't. For this reason, I often fear I'm repeating myself. I think "No, I haven't written about this. It's safe to talk about like people haven't heard this before, because they haven't heard it before." But then myself retorts with "Maybe you did write about it before. It seems like maybe you did. You should go check before you sound like a fool, repeating stories like you're a 90-year-old woman who forgets what she just said five minutes ago." (By the way, this is not meant to slight 90-year-old women who repeat themselves at frequent intervals. I find them to be quite precious. But I'm not 90 years old. I'll save that behavior for later.) Therefore, whenever I sit down to blog, I typically have to go back over my last few posts to remind myself what it is that I said. And it takes me that much longer to get around to what it is that I'm wanting to say.

And then I feel the need to explain all of this, as if anyone cares. And another 5-10 minutes of my life passes before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.