Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dialogue: borrowed.

"I knew the times would come
And now the times have landed
With sting and abrasion"

"And frankly, I did not plan
On getting hurt today"

"Pain is the invitation to surrender all"

"I'm okay with
Yeah, I'm okay with
Whatever happens"

"Write a book about the times that you've held your head
In your hands and you've cried
For poverty to end"

"The less I have
The less I lack"

"I'm in a constant freefall
When I'm following you"

"Worry not, love
How far you could fall"

"I know for sure I'm headed straight for the edge
'Cause that's just where you are"

"Canvas clean
Art unseen
New and glorious start"

"Ready to turn back
I still got far to go"

"A risk so great
A feel so real
Moving closer to what you really feel
Destination so unsure
You're not alone"

"My destination mind
Fights my identity"

"Tell me who I am
'Cause I'm too close to see
Past the imperfections
Do you see more to me?"

"You gave me a name
I could never gain
With even my college try"

"The poet is stuck in the mud
And the dreamer is finding his way home from the stars
And the visionary's watching his feet
'Cause the sentimental fool is numb again"

"Feeling cold, alone and worn
Is not a way for anyone to be
But this is me"

"I'll never hold a picture of the whole horizon in my view"

"Blank page, clean slate
New beginnings, paths to create"

"Feeling strong on my own two feet
So why am I feeling suddenly weak"

"Life is all just all
Just a bunch of work
Nothing more than a climbing fall"

"It's not by work you find your escape
But in your defeat when you seek his face"

"Sometimes this escape feels like a cage"

"This season of waiting is starting to get old"

"I want to live for you
The rhythm of your presence
Beats steady in my soul"

"Whether or not it's meant to be
Keep your faith and tenacity"

"You reach for the deepest hope in me
And call out for the things of eternity"

"Shallow capacity
Is bearing all I see
And I know
It's disease
It's loss, it's death
Knocking at my door
I click these thoughts
To something else
Something more"

"Fast-forward to the golden years
A smaller pride and a bigger fear
But still no way are we done yet"

"Although there is reason to fear
The sky will never clear
I can't think of a time when you haven't been there for me"

"Whether I'm riding high or feeling low
These are the two best prayers I know
Help me
And thank you"

"It takes more than courage
To step out in the aisle
Because I waited for a feeling
I didn't read the sign
Find me"

"You shape me like a story
You sing me like a song
But lately to be honest
I'm too tired to sing along"

"Just now I've reached the end of my line
Just now I'm too tired to keep on trying"

"I don't believe you brought me this far to give up
So every day I keep on fighting for it"

"Lord, don't let these wings forget how to fly"

"And while the thrills are fading
The joy is in the waiting
Somewhere in the grand design
It's good to be unsatisfied"

"The way it used to all make sense
Now is far away, cryptic and in riddles"

"I'm fearful of missing the point of it all"

"Don't be so scared
You're doing fine
Don't be so hurried
You're next in line
Don't be so worried
You'll be alright"

"I don't want to lie in fear
Help me remember clear
There's never been a time
When you haven't come through for me"

"Hey, if I'm to be sincere
I believe you're close to me
But still I miss you here"

"Someday I'm gonna break free
Leave it all behind me
I'll be all I was meant to be"

"I can hear the questions
With answers that breed doubt
The spiritual poison of hecklers and demons
Who whisper in corners, hoping for a sell-out"

"Detached harmonies
All the airwaves scream dissonance"

"Call out
Trying desperately to hear a sound
But there's no word"

"It's not that I don't trust you
I do
But I don't trust myself to hear from you"

"I hear I'm going down
I'm headed for the ground
I hear I should panic
I should be afraid
I hear through all the noise
A still and steady voice
Say 'wait'"

"If I could
Then I would
Run across the sea
To hear you speak to me"

"I've lost all my earthly optimism
That it's all gonna be alright
That the good will win this fight"

"I'm full of hardened misunderstandings
And they filter truth to me"



"Get out
All the lies that try to creep around
Devouring truth"



"Stripped of my filters maybe
I could be learning"

"I lift my hands in a resurrender
Waiting on you to put this together"

"In this mess I'm just one of the pieces
I can't put this together but you can"

"You make up for the faith I lack"

"When setbacks and failures and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are you not the closest when it's hardest to stand
I know that you will finish what you began
And these broken parts you redeem
Become the song that I can sing"

"I won't take advice from cynics
I won't listen to the word of fools
Sure, everyone has their own take
On what I should do
But I will follow your voice"

"Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm faithful
Or a fool to believe
You're still leading me"

"If there's nothing more I can do
Can I just sit here with you?"

"I know it's gonna be a hard day
And you won't come out of this the same
But my love will be your strength for tonight"

"You're gonna find
You're gonna find it
You're gonna find the strength"

"Help me to hear your voice
Above all the other noise"

"Hope is rising
It's a sunrise for the end
Hope is rising
And it's breathing for me again"

"You're not alone
Take a chance
Take my hand
We'll find the way to Neverland
Where all your childhood dreams come true"

"Soon every work will find its worth"

"They say that time heals all wounds
But this scar will become a small part of you
But there will come a day
When I'll see your smile
It'll be deeper and stronger
And I will know why"

"I always heard you loved me
But I think I know it now
Is that the reason why you brought me here?"

"Oh, I really am my own worst enemy
Please don't let me get the better of me"

"You wouldn't walk out on this tragedy
Never give up on your Iliad"

"I'm here to testify
That it's been an amazing ride
With you
And I have never walked alone"

"Life has no conflict
For those who do belong"

"Somehow my story is a part of your plan
Here I am"

"I will be a fool for you
All because you ask me to
A simpleton who's seemingly naive"

"The very thing I always feared would be the death of me
Was a way to come alive"

"Everyone's supposed to carry on"

"Wouldn't read the ending if I could
I'm always coming back for more"

"Come tomorrow, no one knows
But when everything unfolds
The hero wins"

"It's alright, it's okay
If I lose today
In the end I know you win"

"In the end it is well
After storms and beatings"

"That's more like it happened
For me and you
We're a story in the making"

"Consider the story isn't over"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.