Monday, July 12, 2010

On earth as it is in heaven.

"'Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.'" Isaiah 49:15-16

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5

"'As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.'" John 15:9

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38

All throughout the Bible, it is made abundantly clear that God loves people.



I'm introverted by nature. Introversion creates an inclination to pull away from people.

But things have been changing over the past few years. When someone honestly and sincerely gives their life over to God, He changes that person. And they start becoming more like Him. It's been rather exciting.

Although there are moments when I still feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown if I don't get some alone time, I love people so much more than I ever imagined that I could. I desire their company. I miss them when they're gone, so much that it hurts sometimes. And I care about them, what's going on in their lives.

Living two weeks in a place where you sleep with no fewer than 50 people every night, and come in close contact with at least a hundred all day, every day, people constantly surrounding you, sounds like it would be an introvert's nightmare. But after camp was over this year, and I was facing the reality of coming home, I didn't want to. I wanted to stay with people. Every year, I always have fun, and I'm sad to leave, but I'm usually grateful to get home, to get to the isolation of my bedroom. But not this time. I was almost grieving my return to home.

In a weird way, I'm grateful for these feelings. They're proof that my affections are following after those of Jesus. As much as it can hurt, and as lonely as I can feel even when I know I'm not alone, I know that God is faithful. And He's bigger than my feelings. And with Him, I won't be destroyed.

I doubt I'll ever be able to say that I'm not introverted. But I'm grateful that I've been changed enough that I've come to a place where people are such a vital part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.