Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's that time of year again.

My one summer tradition is now close at hand.

I have been going to camp since I was a baby, prior to my ability to be able to remember ever not being there. As far as my consciousness is concerned, it's always been a part of my life.

Tomorrow begins my journey to Camp Formosa. Tomorrow night will be spent at my grandma's, then it's on the rest of the way to Formosa.

I'm ready! Then again, I'm not. I don't think one can ever be ready for camp. You just do as much as you can, then jump in and hope you can swim well enough to save your life, maybe even do something impressive. God willing.

This is my official farewell to Internetland. 'Twill be a place I will visit sparingly over the next approximately 18 days. That seems like such a short time, but I promise that when I get in the middle of the Arkansas heat and humidity and the long afternoons, it won't feel short as I'm living it. But once it's over, it'll feel short again.

Lord, focus my attention. Work through me, speak through me, sing through me, love through me. And teach me even more than I can attempt to teach anyone.

1 comment:

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.