Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Introducing Extravagant Love

Welcome to my blog!

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide what to write, because today was an amazing day and a lot of amazing things happened. So many things, that I could probably spend a whole other day talking about them. But I don't have a whole day to talk about them right now. Besides, if I typed for a whole day, even if what I wrote was the most incredible thing you ever read, you'd give up eventually. Well, maybe not give up entirely, but you'd take several breaks. But considering how I tend to ramble, it won't be the most amazing thing you ever read, and you'll get tired of my rambling all too quickly.

Therefore, I'm not going to say anything else about my amazing day. This is an introductory post, therefore I think it should live up to its name and introduce you to my blog.

I've been thinking for a while that I wanted to start a blog, but I couldn't come up with a name for the longest time. I chose the name ExtravagantlyLoved. Those of you who know me on webland will probably recognize this as one of my many screen names, and I chose to use it in this situation for various reasons.

1.) I think it has the most meaning out of all my various pseudonyms. A meaning I suppose I should explain. I will do that shortly.

2.) I think it fits me the best. Sums me up. Sums up what my life is all about.

3.) It is the reason I have decided to blog at all. Without it, I really would have nothing to say. There would be no point in me attempting to say anything.

And now I'm sure you're asking, what is "it?" What is this "reason?" Now I shall explain the meaning to which I previously referred.

"ExtravagantlyLoved" is what I am. I am loved extravagantly by God, my father, my creator, my savior, my redeemer, my everything. He gives my life meaning. He gives my words meaning. And because of that I feel that I have something of value to share with the world.

So here I am. I hope you stick around. I could say a lot more right now, but it is very, very late and I have to go to school at a rather short time from now. Trying to get some sleep would be wise on my part. (This will probably be a common theme in my posts.) Sometime later I need to share with you the story of from where "ExtravagantlyLoved" came. It's quite amazing, if I do say so myself.

Hopefully, I will keep up with this and post frequently. I've never tried to keep up a regular blog before, but I think I can do it. As long as I don't try to post a novel every time, I should be fine.

Until we meet again,
Emily Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post - I will be keeping an eye on your blog.
    G_d Bless

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.