Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Abundance in drought.

Waiting, waiting.

Pressure builds.

You'd think eventually the top would pop off.

Sides are threatening to explode at their seams.

Seams that I didn't know where there until their strength was tested.

Surely there can't be anymore room?

But there is. Always, it seems.

I don't know from where it all comes.

It's like someone put an undetectable extension charm on my life.

I don't care so much that no one else can detect it, but it'd be nice if I could sometimes. Save me a lot of grief.

But then where would be the room for grace?

If there was infinite space and I knew it, grace wouldn't find a hole big enough to inhabit.

But with all crevices stuffed to their limits, grace multiplies.

It abounds.

2 comments:

  1. My heart holds up a 'no vacancy' sign and grace says 'I'm coming in anyway'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of reminds me of a phrase I learned from a sweet NC lady at Hutchmoot: "a gracious plenty." Always enough, plus a little bit more.

    May you always find a gracious plenty, friend. <3

    (sorry. The Moot people are still infiltrating my thinking.)

    ReplyDelete

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.