Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Full.

The farther you fall out of the blogging habit, the harder it is to cultivate it again.

This is a lesson that I have come to learn in recent times. I think often that I want to blog, but I always find some reason to not do it right now. What makes it especially hard to get back on the wagon is the fact that I have incorporated my life into most of what I've written. Lots of life has happened, and I don't know where to begin. Or rather, I know where I could begin, but it will take a big commitment to get through everything, and life is still happening rapidly enough that I do not yet have the time to spare to get through everything.

I keep telling myself that I'll get to it at some point. At some point when I slow down.

But I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever slow down. I figured I would have a little bit of downtime as soon as school was over, but plans changed. I'm taking advantage of opportunities that were closed to me while school was in session, and I'm doing my best to live life and enjoy people while I can.

I'm certainly not complaining about living life to its fullest extents. I'm happy that I can. But I'm wondering where blogging is going to fit into the picture. Blogging helps me to look closely at things and make sense of them. To glean valuable lessons and wisdom from all that goes on in my life. Which is something that I'm inclined to do, and that I value. But as of right now, I'm looking at the box that is my life and I don't see any room. Maybe a small hole here and there, just big enough for a stray thought to quickly slip through. Like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like conversation. Your comments promote conversation. You know what to do. Vielen Dank.